If you Haven’t Joined the Email Marketing Push, You will After Seeing These 19 StatsNov 3rd News & Updates
It’s no secret that email marketing is a cornerstone for businesses in both B2B and B2C industries. The nineteen facts below might leave you wondering whether you’ve put enough emphasis on this sales tool in 2015, or convince you to re-evaluate its use within your marketing strategy for 2016.
What is the status of email marketing these days?
A majority of our facts came from the 2015 State of Marketing Report by Salesforce Marketing Cloud via Pardot.com. The implications of their findings from a survey of more than 5,000 B2B companies are encouraging to say the least.
- 73% of marketers stated that email marketing is central to their business.
- 60% of marketers agree that email is a critical engine for products and services. This number is up from 42% in 2014.
- 20% of marketers say that their business’ primary revenue source is directly connected to email procedures.
- 43% of businesses have email teams of 2-3 people.
- 74% of marketers estimate that email produces or will produce ROI in the future.
- One-third of marketers say their subscribers read emails on mobile devices at least 50% of the time.
- Marketers rank the 3 most critical aspects of an email as content and design (79%), campaign management (74%), and contact management (74%).
- Marketers rank the 3 most effective aspects of an email as content and design (66%), templates (59%), and quality control (58%).
- The top 3 uses of email are newsletters (66%), promotional content (54%), and welcome series emails (42%).
- The top 3 most effective emails, on the other hand, are mobile opt-ins (76%), birthday emails (75%), and transactional emails (74%).
- The top three metrics used to track email marketing success are click-through rates (47%), conversion rates (43%), and click-to-open rates (38%).
- 59% of marketers plan to increase their email marketing budgets next year
In addition to Salesforce’s report, other sites dedicated to B2B marketing offered these statistics:
- Nearly two-thirds of companies would like to improve their personalization (64%), marketing automation (64%), and segmentation (62%). (EConsultancy)
- For 69.7% of US internet users, email is the preferred method of communicating with businesses. (eMarketer)
- 59% of B2B marketers say email is the most effective channel for generating revenue. (BtoB Magazine)
- 49% of B2B marketers spend more time and resources on email than on other channels of sales interaction. (BtoB Magazine)
- Your most recent subscribers are the most likely to click through, and that’s why welcome email series are vital to your marketing strategy. (HubSpot)
- 75% of marketers say that they are using more email than they were three years ago. (HubSpot, 2014)
- Click through rate (CTR) is higher when using the recipient’s first name in the subject line over no use of the first name. This was a 2014 statistic that is still true in 2015. (HubSpot)
These figures can help you compare your 2016 marketing budget against this year’s and make some big decisions. Making sure your email marketing team is up to the task of increasing focus and contact management, as well as upgrading email content quality and design are great strategies for your future success in business to business marketing. Which of the above facts were you aware of and leveraging this year? Which surprised you?
Please connect with us on social media and spark a conversation on your B2B marketing tactics!